Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's about God, not me.

Hmmm.... I've been pondering lately - since God wants me to be a pastor sometime in the future, what do I do in the meantime? What is my purpose in the here and now? I read a chapter of a book called 'The Purpose-Driven Life' by Rick Warren a while ago, and it gave me this Bible verse.

'All things were created by him and for him' (Colossians 1:16).

God is my Lord - he rescued me from the fiery pits of hell, to give me eternal life, life through Christ. For 'I no longer live, but Christ lives in me' (Gal 2:20). Since God so loved me, I feel compelled to love him back. As a result, 'in view of God's mercy', I will 'offer [my body] as [a] living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God' (Rom 12:1). I want to surrender myself to God, who loves me. He has an awesome plan for my life, a 'plan to prosper me and not harm me, a plan to give me a hope and a future' (Jer 29:11). Knowing these things will definitely help me to know that life is about living for God, not myself.
God is so much wiser than me - he is God, after all, and since he loves me, it seems ridiculous not to let him be in control of my life. At the moment, I think he wants me to continue studying Chemistry. Consequently, that is what I will continue to do.

God bless, everyone.
Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment